Home Efficiency Genie is a City of Palo Alto Utilities program that provides complimentary phone-based efficiency advising and subsidized professional energy and water assessments to City of Palo Alto homeowners.
What services does Home Efficiency Genie Provide?
FREE Phone Based Energy Advisors – (650) 713-3411
- Review your utility bill history and discuss your efficiency concerns
- Identify solutions that will reduce your bills and improve the comfort and efficiency of your home
- Help prioritize home efficiency projects
- Connect you with qualified contractors and/or review estimates or bids
- Offer ongoing support and guidance to help address your concerns and identify next steps
- Provide information about other energy and water efficiency programs you can take advantage of
Professional Energy and Water Assessments - $149/$99 Co‐Pay
- In‐home assessment including\ air leakage testing, major system and duct inspection, insulation analysis, energy modeling, etc.
- Performed by a professional technician certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI)
- Receive complimentary energy and water saving devices, over a $30 value
- Receive a detailed report to understand how all the parts of your home interact as a system and how these interactions impact your quality of life
- Review your assessment report with an expert to identify next steps
- Receive unbiased guidance and support throughout your home improvement project
- Learn how to get the most value from your efficiency improvements